Junior Camp Counselor
JOB TITLE: Junior Camp Counselor (part-time, seasonal)
Manager/Supervisor: Education/Camp Supervisor
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Education/Camp Supervisor, Junior Camp Counselors are responsible for assisting in the planning, conducting, and supervising of a variety of recreational activities for campers ages 6-12 in a day camp setting. They will also assist in the care and supervision of campers assigned to their specific group.
Assist in the oversight of a group of campers, attend to their needs and report behavior problems to the Education/Camp Supervisor.
Assist in organizing, collecting, and transporting necessary supplies to the day camp site
Assist in organizing and supervising crafts, games, sports, and other camp activities
Assist in the clean-up of all activities and day camp program areas
- Report defective equipment/supplies to the Education/ Camp Supervisor and ensure the proper use and safety of all equipment
- Notify the Education/Camp Supervisor of any problems that arise within your camp group in a timely manner
- Assist in the enforcement of established rules to ensure safety of campers and staff
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings and required training
- Adhere to established schedules and work assignments
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings and required training.
GENERAL EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Report shift times online each day, showing the number of hours worked for each task performed
Carefully watch the schedule to ensure that you know the hours you are to work - if you can’t be here for your shift for any reason, contact your Farm Camp Supervisor or the Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS FOR JOB:
High school student - ages 16 and over
Work experience (preferred, not mandatory)
Good communication skills
Ability to use Google Outlook
Previous Camp experience (preferred not mandatory)
Work events as requested - complete all duties/tasks assigned by supervisor or Executive Director
32 hours per week (seasonal, part-time position)
This is a part-time, seasonal position. Note: Occasionally the Farm Camp closes due to inclement weather. Missed hours due to weather are not paid.
ATTIRE: Jeans or khaki pants, capris or long shorts with a Maybury Farm team t-shirt
HOURLY RATE: $11
Opportunities for growth and increased responsibilities available based on performance.